Resistance Part 1 (pgs. 38-39)
1. Why don’t I want to finish this manuscript?
Because once I finish it I have to present it to people and I am afraid they won’t like it, or will find it amateurish.
2. What will happen to me if I finish it?
I have no idea really. Nothing will really happen to me per se, but I think it will change me in some way. I will have to put myself out there for people to judge and possibly reject me.
3. Why should I let myself write this manuscript?
I should write this manuscript because it’s a great story. Everybody who has read it to this point has expressed a desire to continue reading her story.
Resistance Part 2 (pg39)
Complete the following Sentences:
1. I’d love to start this 30 day plan, but… I am worried my new job will start right when I am getting to the meat of the project.
2. If I became a great author…
Shaun and the boys would be proud of me and have something to brag to their friends and colleagues about.
3. I can’t finish an entire manuscript in 30 days because…it’s a lot of hard work and dedication.
4. I can’t finish an entire manuscript in 30 days because…I have a hard time finishing anything that hasn’t required a financial obligation.
5. If I did finish this manuscript, I would feel…
proud and accomplished.